Head lice can live for up to 48 hours off the head before they need a blood meal from someone’s scalp. If your child has a favourite toy they sleep with or just carry around then it is feasible that a louse could crawl off and sit on the stuffed toy. Hoover the toys or put them in a black plastic bag and keep them there until you have combed out your child.
- What do Professionals who work with your Children think?
- "I've had nits for three years!" Susannah Constantine visits the Hairforce to finally get rid of lice and nits
- The Hairforce in The Saturday Times
- Don't want pesticides in your food? Don't use them on your head either.
- Avoid Collecting More than Candy This Halloween
- The Hairforce on BBC Radio Wales
- Your Children's phones and tablets may help spread lice
- How Effective is Heat in Killing Head Lice?
- Wet Combing is a Better Way to Get Rid of Head Lice Than Using the Products
- Talking Lice with Vanessa Feltz on the Radio