For head lice it is all about the blood and high blood sugar levels in the blood are particularly attractive. If the child in your family who always gets head lice is the one who loves apple juice and sweets then they are raising their blood sugar level by drinking and eating these things. If they also have really thick hair then they are a doubly attractive hide out for head lice. Check them regularly and when you nit comb be particularly thorough with the thick hair.
- What do Professionals who work with your Children think?
- "I've had nits for three years!" Susannah Constantine visits the Hairforce to finally get rid of lice and nits
- The Hairforce in The Saturday Times
- Don't want pesticides in your food? Don't use them on your head either.
- Avoid Collecting More than Candy This Halloween
- The Hairforce on BBC Radio Wales
- Your Children's phones and tablets may help spread lice
- How Effective is Heat in Killing Head Lice?
- Wet Combing is a Better Way to Get Rid of Head Lice Than Using the Products
- Talking Lice with Vanessa Feltz on the Radio