A dozen people, children and adults, have been badly burned over the past decade from using head lice treatment and being near an open flame.
Due to the high volume of flammable chemicals used in products to treat head lice, people have suffered burns from being near cigarettes or gas fires. In most of the cases an unknowing parent has lit a cigarette near their child causing the hair to go up in flames.
In 2007 manufacturers were told to publish warnings on packages, however the accidents have still been happening.
We always recommend clearing by hand, as this is the safest and most effective way to rid head lice out of your life. This means no nasty chemicals on you or your children’s heads. If you are struggling to get all the lice and nits yourself, you can contact your nearest Hairforce branch for help.
Read the full article here.