We use a very specialist machine to dehydrate the nits – the eggs – with very controlled heated air. This machine is cooler than a hairdryer. If you used a hairdryer to do what we do you will burn the scalp. Many people ask about hair straighteners – can you kill the lice and eggs with them? The problem is that the head lice are on the scalp and the fresh eggs are at the root so either way you will burn the scalp if you use them.
- What do Professionals who work with your Children think?
- "I've had nits for three years!" Susannah Constantine visits the Hairforce to finally get rid of lice and nits
- The Hairforce in The Saturday Times
- Don't want pesticides in your food? Don't use them on your head either.
- Avoid Collecting More than Candy This Halloween
- The Hairforce on BBC Radio Wales
- Your Children's phones and tablets may help spread lice
- How Effective is Heat in Killing Head Lice?
- Wet Combing is a Better Way to Get Rid of Head Lice Than Using the Products
- Talking Lice with Vanessa Feltz on the Radio