Mayonnaise, vaseline and olive oil are simply combing aids – they don’t kill the head lice or the eggs, they just make it easy to get the nit comb through the hair. You are much better off using a leave in de-tangler or conditioner because it is a nightmare to get all three out of the hair when you have finished!
- What do Professionals who work with your Children think?
- "I've had nits for three years!" Susannah Constantine visits the Hairforce to finally get rid of lice and nits
- The Hairforce in The Saturday Times
- Don't want pesticides in your food? Don't use them on your head either.
- Avoid Collecting More than Candy This Halloween
- The Hairforce on BBC Radio Wales
- Your Children's phones and tablets may help spread lice
- How Effective is Heat in Killing Head Lice?
- Wet Combing is a Better Way to Get Rid of Head Lice Than Using the Products
- Talking Lice with Vanessa Feltz on the Radio