We use a very specialist machine to dehydrate the nits – the eggs – with very controlled heated air. This machine is cooler than a hairdryer. If you used a hairdryer to do what we do you will burn the scalp. Many people ask about hair straighteners – can you kill the lice and eggs with them? The problem is that the head lice are on the scalp and the fresh eggs are at the root so either way you will burn the scalp if you use them.
- How Effective is Heat in Killing Head Lice?
- Wet Combing is a Better Way to Get Rid of Head Lice Than Using the Products
- Talking Lice with Vanessa Feltz on the Radio
- The Hairforce in The Financial Times - The Rise of the "Do It For Me" Economy
- Recent Evidence Proves Head Lice Products Do Not Work - and Your Consumer Interests are Not Being Protected
- Head Lice Are A Risk To Your Health
- Regular Checking for Head Lice is Essential - The Earlier You Find It the Quicker You Will Clear It
- Is a Nit Comb Enough to Clear a Head Lice Infestation?
- Head Lice: Top Tips From the Professionals for Effective Hand Clearing
- Heavy Infestations Make Your Child's Life a Living Hell